We’re back with another quick tip to make your business applications more efficient! Let’s take the Account lookup field on the Program table as an example. As you review the Program details, if you want to see or edit the Account information, you’d click on the Account name. Out of the box, this would redirect you to the Account page.
Instead of redirecting to another page and having to come back, a much better user experience is to open the Account form as a pop-up dialog box. This way, the user can see or edit the Account details without leaving the Program form. Here’s how to enable this experience.
Note: The steps presented are only for illustrative purposes. For enterprise applications, changes should be made using Solutions in Dataverse for ease of deployment and management.
- In your favourite browser, go to Power Apps Maker Portal: https://make.powerapps.com/.
- From the left-hand navigation pane, go to Dataverse > Tables.
- In the All (tables) tab, search for Opportunity. From the results, click on the Opportunity table.
- Click on the Forms link to see the list of forms for the Opportunity table.
- Click on the Form name to open the form you want to update.
- In the form editor, select the lookup field.
- In the right-hand pane, notice the display options for the selected field. Check the ‘Use Main Form Dialog for Create’ and ‘Use Main Form Dialog for Edit’ checkboxes.
- Click Save.
- Finally, click Publish.
Isn’t this a much better user experience than navigating away from the screen? Let us know what you think!