If you’re like me, emojis are fun to use when conversing with friends via text message. But have you ever wondered if we can use emojis in business applications? You’re not alone. In this post, we’ll show you how to use emojis in Dataverse.
Note: The steps presented are only for illustration. For enterprise applications, changes should be made using Solutions in Dataverse for ease of deployment and management.
Let’s create an option set in Dataverse!
1. In your favourite browser, go to Power Apps Maker Portal: https://make.powerapps.com/
2. Ensure you are in the right Environment.
3. From the left-hand navigation pane, go to Tables.
4. Click on the Contact table.
5. Click on the Columns link to see the list of fields on the Contact table.
6. Search for ‘Preferred Method of Contact’ and click on the Display Name to open the Field Details
7. A pop-up box will appear on the right with details about the selected field.
8. In a new tab, open https://emojipedia.org/.
9. In Emojipedia, search and open an Email emoji.
10. Click on the Copy button to copy the Email emoji.
11. Back in Dataverse, paste the copied emoji into the Label for the ‘Preferred Method of Contact’ field’s choices by pressing Ctrl+V.
12. Similarly, you can add emojis to other choices as well. Finally, click Save.
Now, when you go to your Dynamics 365 or Power App, you will see the emojis in the dropdown.
Whether you are adding a colored indicator on Status Reason columns (🟢🟡🔴), symbols for Alerts (⛔⚠️), show a trend line (📈📉), or simply adding some for a splash of color (🚀💡🔍)- Emojis help provides a visual indicator for your data and can be highly intuitive. They also help us make Business Applications fun! 🎉 So, where will you use emojis next?